Across the nation, many schools have returned to in-person learning after the winter break. But not Detroit.
Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat Detroit
Sign up for our newsletter.
Some districts have asked for community priorities and promised to keep the public informed about spending. Other districts have put in less effort.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Find your next education job.
- Maycomb Capital: Education Finance Lead
- The Urban Assembly, Inc: Deputy Director of Alumni Success
- Peak to Peak Charter School: Executive Director of Education
- Poudre School District: Integrated Services Director (Poudre School District)
- Poudre School District: Chief Human Resources Office (Poudre School District)
Districts scramble to source food and cafeteria staff as the number of students needing meals rises.
Newtown mom: ‘Every one of us needs to step up and take responsibility for what is causing these children to perpetrate these horrific events.’