- The teacher data reports — those whose battle went all the way to Albany — are out.
- A new web site calls attention to all Governor Paterson’s proposed fees. (Via PolitickerNY.)
- Paterson’s proposal would also slash $88 million from private schools in the next two years.
- Some of the demands charter school advocates are making of Albany would cost nothing.
- One group actually getting more money in NYC schools: English Language Learners.
- Russo says Arne Duncan fought NCLB and didn’t win collaboration with the teachers union.
- A former Bush administration official also testifies that Duncan pushed back on NCLB.
- Are award-winning young adult books too boring? Joanne Jacobs compiles some arguments.
- A search for the “Chevy Volts of education,” promising programs to invest in rather than cut.
Remainders: Here come the teacher data reports
More stories in New York
More stories in Uncategorized