- A Texas school district that cut sports to focus on academics is off the state’s watch list. Here’s what else happened.
- A well liked principal in New Haven, Connecticut, was removed from her school in order to keep a federal grant.
- Michigan plans to close schools based on test scores that state officials originally said would not count against them.
- Check in with Ahmed Mohamed, who says his suspension for having a homemade clock is part of a bigger problem.
- New York City’s pre-kindergarten expansion has come with all-too-rare professional support for teachers.
- Some Los Angeles-area parents are paying $1,000 to prep their kids for kindergarten.
- One teacher makes the argument for separating students by race — to talk about race.
- An educator recalls the micro-aggressions that spurred her to start an initiative to help black families navigate school.
Kindergarten prep at $1,000 a pop, Michigan’s aggressive school closure plan, and more education must-reads
PHOTO CREDIT: Meghan Mangrum
More stories in National