Cara Lougheed, Michigan’s 2019-20 Teacher of the Year, says educators faced disrespect and other challenges amid the coronavirus. But there is a way forward.
Tavia Redmond, a third-grade teacher, says educators need more resources and time to help students deal with trauma, especially after the coronavirus pandemic.
Katharine Strunk, a Michigan State University researcher, has studied the teacher labor market in Michigan. Here’s what she says can increase retention.
The coronavirus pandemic has prompted more Michigan teachers to retire, stirring fears of an exodus schools will struggle to deal with.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Find your next education job.
- Peak to Peak Charter School: Executive Director of Education
- Poudre School District: Integrated Services Director (Poudre School District)
- Poudre School District: Chief Human Resources Office (Poudre School District)
- Englewood Public Schools: Affective Needs Teacher
- Aurora Public Schools: Executive Director of Student Success