Cara Lougheed, Michigan’s 2019-20 Teacher of the Year, says educators faced disrespect and other challenges amid the coronavirus. But there is a way forward.
Tavia Redmond, a third-grade teacher, says educators need more resources and time to help students deal with trauma, especially after the coronavirus pandemic.
Katharine Strunk, a Michigan State University researcher, has studied the teacher labor market in Michigan. Here’s what she says can increase retention.
The coronavirus pandemic has prompted more Michigan teachers to retire, stirring fears of an exodus schools will struggle to deal with.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Find your next education job.
- Bedford Stuyvesant New Beginnings Charter School: Social Studies Teacher
- Bedford Stuyvesant New Beginnings Charter School: Elementary Teacher
- Moving Everest Charter School: Special Education Teacher
- Distinctive Schools : Special Education Teacher- Signing Bonus
- Lotus School for Excellence: Secondary Assistant Principal