The Detroit school district will continue offering meals this summer, beginning Thursday, July 2.
Fourteen school sites will give out breakfasts and lunches Mondays and Thursdays until August 20. Detroit, along with charter schools in the city, provided meals to students during the school year when school buildings were closed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
We’ve provided a map that shows the locations where families can pick up meals. If your school isn’t listed, please send the information to us at email@example.com, and we’ll update.
This story will be updated.
Here’s where Detroit children can get meals during the summer
- Schedules for breakfast and lunch pickups vary. If your school or community agency isn’t on the map, please send the information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Open the address sheet document here.
- Open the map and click the Search button.
- Search for your address to find nearby meal distribution sites. Schedules for breakfast and lunch pickups vary by site.
- Select the meal distribution site and click the Direction button.
- Find the directions to the meal distribution sites on Google Maps.
I don't have Google Drive and Google Maps installed on my device
- Open the map and scroll to your neighborhood.
- Find and select the meal distribution site to view the schedule for breakfast and lunch.
- Tap the direction buttons to go to Google Maps.
I have both Google Drive and Google Maps installed on my device
- Open the map and tap the Search bar.
- Search for your address to find nearby meal distribution sites.
- Tap the name of the meal distribution site to view the schedule for breakfast and lunch. Tap the direction buttons to go to Google Maps.
Editor's Note: This map was last updated 6/26/2020, 7 p.m. EDT.
We're doing our best to keep this resource up to date. Given our limited staff resources, we'll be updating this map about once a day. It's possible meal distribution sites on this map may have closed or moved, and there could be other sites in the area we don't know about yet. We recommend calling ahead or checking local district websites to confirm that a location is still open. If you have information we should know about a site that is or isn't on this map, please email us at email@example.com. Given how fast this story is developing, we will likely change our approach to maintaining this resource as circumstances shift. We'll listen to you in making the decisions, and keep you updated as things change. We are trying to be as transparent as possible as we all navigate these extraordinary times.