Detroit Public Schools Community District
The Detroit Public Schools Community District had 50,000 students enrolled on the first day of school, but it may take home visits to get all of them in the classroom.
‘I wasn’t trying to entertain. I was trying to teach’: How a lesson about the past helped a Detroit teenager find his voice in the classroom
He started off as a singer. But after a lesson about redlining, this student performer found another way to use his voice — to effect change.
What will it take to recover from the pandemic? In the Detroit district, home visits are a key part of the strategy
The Detroit Public Schools Community District is investing $11 million in federal coronavirus relief dollars to continue its efforts to connect with families through home visits.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Find your next education job.
- Lotus School for Excellence: Secondary Assistant Principal
- East Harlem Tutorial Program : Special Education Math Teachers (Grades 7-12)
- East Harlem Tutorial Program : Elementary Dean, Multilingual Learners (2021-2022)
- East Harlem Tutorial Program : Resident, East Harlem Inclusive Learning (Special Education) Teaching Residency (2022-2024)
- East Harlem Tutorial Program : Elementary SETSS Teacher (2021-2022)