Detroit Public Schools Community District
The Detroit Public Schools Community District had 50,000 students enrolled on the first day of school, but it may take home visits to get all of them in the classroom.
Help Chalkbeat raise $80k by Dec 31
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom filling a vital community need. We could not do this without you, and we need your support to keep going in 2022.
Find your next education job.
- Indiana School Boards Association: Events & Promotions Specialist
- The East Harlem School at Exodus House: Science Teaching Position at The East Harlem School in 2022
- National Center for Youth Law: Educator Engagement Coordinator, ECRA
- Rocky Mountain Prep: Special Education Teaching Assistant – 1k staffing stipend & 2k signing bonus!
- Poudre School District: LGBTQIA+ Coordinator – Poudre School District
‘I wasn’t trying to entertain. I was trying to teach’: How a lesson about the past helped a Detroit teenager find his voice in the classroom
He started off as a singer. But after a lesson about redlining, this student performer found another way to use his voice — to effect change.
What will it take to recover from the pandemic? In the Detroit district, home visits are a key part of the strategy
The Detroit Public Schools Community District is investing $11 million in federal coronavirus relief dollars to continue its efforts to connect with families through home visits.